This is the time when your little one’s character starts to take shape and s/he blossoms into her/his own person. By now most toddlers have transitioned from a tottering toddler to a more confident walker with a heel to toe movement. However, s/he is not yet well coordinated. Physical development with activities like running, climbing, kicking, throwing, scribbling, lacing, etc.will help develop stronger muscles and coordination. Here are some skills that we need to focus on –Movement Skills and Hand & Finger skills
Your little one has grown from a babbling baby to a talking toddler. It is time to enhance their Language Skills. Playgroup children will do activities like books, stories, poetry, rhymes, conversations, show and tell, letter identification games, etc. to develop their language skills.
A self-centric baby now shows signs of enjoying other company than the parents. This is the time we give them opportunities to develop their social-emotional and personal skills. Small and large group activities, outdoor and indoor play, races, individual activities, etc. will develop these skills by practicing to wait for their turn, work in a group, sharing, being polite and respectful, etc.
Children’s grasping power is increasing, and now they enjoy more challenging activities that give them an opportunity to think and problem solve. They are beginning to understand simple concepts. Therefore it is now to indulge in activities like a treasure hunt, dramatic play, sorting, I spy with my little eye, Simon says.
Understanding and knowledge of the world will be boosted by celebrating festivals and special days, incursions and excursions, nature walks, etc. Children will know about plant life, animal life, community helpers, weather, transportation, etc.
Use of flash cards\ board books: for the following topics for recognition purpose.
- fruits, vegetables,
- community helpers,
- dance forms,
- Musical instruments.
- Introduction to Capital Letters and Numbers 1-10, with help of Glen Doman Method of teaching we will introduce the kids to few simple words to read.
- Story Telling: – with the help of Books, puppets, props and actions. It would be held in 3 languages English, Hindi, Marathi.
- Outcome: listening, language skills.
- 15-20 Minute Games:- free play time
- Explore Activity:- sounds, shapes, colour, etc.
- Sensory Activity:- mud, stone, sand, water, hot, cold, etc.
- Music time:- kid-friendly songs and poems with dance and actions. They will be introduced to a few musical instruments as well.
- Active sense’s:- sight, sound, touch, taste buds, smell.
- Physical Activity: – free play, yoga, exercise.
- Shlok : Sanskrit shlokas.
- Potty training: We should not be doing this – what we will do is support the parent when they do start potty training. with the help of the parent, we will potty train the kids who are not.
In the program, we would be covering the different topic with which kids are familiar and the method of teaching is designed considering the age of the child and capacity.
June to March
2 Years to 3 Years
Monday to Friday
9:30 To 12 pm
Staff And Children ratio
2 Teachers + 1 Assistant :